Thursday 10 November 2016

Chicken stew 😊

I received new toy from my man - slow cooker 😊.  Yesterday I cleaned it and run it first time, then cleaned it again as stayed in instruction 😊.
Today was time to cook something in it!

Hmmm... I thought the best will be beef, but recepies I saw in net didn't catch my eye... maybe just I didn't found 'this one'.

So I decided to make kind of chicken stew. Why kind of? Simply because I put all I had at home into it 😊. So... in my stew you can find: 2 chicken breasts ( possibly bit too much, but my boys love chicken ), 2 small carrots, 1 small red onion, 3/4 of turnip, nice bit of celeriac, few halved baby potatoes, garlic clove, can of chopped tomatoes plus cup and a bit of water, bit of salt, black pepper, powdered garlic and allspice.
Near the end of cooking I added 2 handfuls of Frozen peas 😊.


Result of this experiment was not bad, but ... I need to try different cooking settings next time to be sure we'll not wait for our food too long 😊.


Plus add less water to have our stew bit thicker 😊. 
If you know some nice recipes - give me a shout - want to try something new next week with my new toy πŸ˜‰.

0 comments:

Post a Comment