Sunday 12 November 2017

Gingerbread cupcakes

Hello, hello!

For some time I was looking for recipe for easy and kinda foolproof gingerbread.

Took me a bit to find something what actually catch my eye. On one of Polish webs/blogs I found recipe for Gingerbread Teddies.

As I don't have Polish gingerbread mix (nearest Polish shop means a shopping trip) I decided to use Mixed Spice, which you can find in any shop. My son is not a fan of jam/preserve in mini-cakes, so...

I decided to make cupcakes with no jam in, and my version contains:

* 120 g unsalted butter
* 240 g honey
* 150 g plain flour
* 150 g wholemeal flour
* 2 eggs
* 1.5 tsp baking soda
* 2.5 tsp mixed spice
* 1 tsp cocoa

Line your muffin/cupcake tin with paper cases.
Put butter and honey in little pan and heat it until melted and combined, cool down sightly.
Preaheat oven to 180C.
Mix both flours, soda, spice and cocoa,then add butter/honey mix and eggs. Whisk until combined. Dough will be sticky.


Divide between cupcake cases 


and bake for about 20 minutes - until wooden skewer coming out clean.


Cool them down on wire rack and decorate as you wish.


Here melted dark chocolate and green sprinkles!

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh these look delicious. I love that you have used honey it gives such a beautiful flavour to bakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy to see honey instead of sugar in original recipe Sammie.

      Delete