Saturday 6 February 2016

Chinese dragons and new cake :)

Yesterday Dom was celebrating Chinese New Year at nursery. They had really busy day there :) He back home stuffed with nice food and with paper dragon he made himself :)

We made another one at home, cause we didn't want the first one be lonely :)


They are scary, aren't they ;)

When Dom was away I was checking low-fat cake recipe I found in one of the cooking books I have :) It is called Spiced Apple Cake.


It wasn't me if I don't play with recipe a bit :) You need 8 inches/20 cm deep cake tin - I don't have one like this so used squarish one :)

Ingredients you need:

225 g self-raising wholemeal flour ( I used normal wholemeal flour)
1 tsp baking powder ( I used 2 tsp)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
175 g chopped dates ( in my version: mix of dates and apricots)
75 g light muscovado sugar ( I used demerara sugar)
1 tbsp pear and apple spread ( brumble jam in my version)
120 ml apple juice
2 eggs
6 tbsp sunflower oil
2 eating apples, cored and grated
1 tbsp chopped walnuts ( hazelnuts in my version)

Just mix all together, put in prepared tin and place in preheated to 180 C oven for about 1 hour ( timing from book) or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. 

My cake spent in oven just 35 minutes, but my baking tin was bigger :)


I splashed it with mixture of milk and icing sugar :)


Cake tastes really nice, is naturally sweet thanks to fruits.


0 comments:

Post a Comment