Tuesday 12 April 2016

Bookworm in the kitchen :)

Bookworm means me :)

In the kitchen? Yep, at least we need to eat :) and I'm a cook in this house :)

But all in correct order :)

I can say we had busy day yesterday - Dom and me. He cannot sit in one place for five - typical in his age :) Interested in everything in the same time :)

We built the biggest train track ever - at least in our home - in the living room. Look at that monstrous construction :)


Still on the floor today :)

Before Dom went to nursery I started making new birthday card which I finished when was alone at home for a bit :)



As a bookworm I should use my almost 3 hours alone at home for chilling out with book and not bother about anything, but...

in order to our dinner planner for this week I was checking 'Onion and cheese tart' recipe we found in one of cooking magazines. On pic the tart looked delish, but I was rather sceptic when reading recipe - in my opinion if I make it exactly to the letter I could finish with bland in taste and totally uncooked dish, so...

I upgraded recipe in my way and... result as good :) but will be better next time - I decided that I want more herbs and spices in it :)



If you want to try it, here what you need to do:

Line the tart dish/tin with shortcrust pastry, lightly prick the base with fork and chill for about 30 minutes.

For filling: cut into pieces few slices of bacon or ham or any kind of deli meat, fry them on knob of butter or dash of oil on frying pan, add to it 2-3 medium onions thinly sliced and fry together until onions are soft and golden, then take out from heat, add about 200-250 ml double cream and mix, then leave for cooling down a bit. I added garlic in that point for extra taste, but I think bit of black pepper and nutmeg could be also good idea.

Meantime preheat oven to  200 degrees Celsius
.
Arrange filling in the pastry case, cover with grated cheese (eg. cheddar), place few cherry tomatoes (whole or halved) on the top, sprinkle with your fave herbs ( eg. basil or oregano etc) and with more cheese :)

Bake your tart for about 45-55 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

ENJOY!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Theresa :) Trying my best :) Will be trying something new today too :)

    ReplyDelete