Thursday 12 May 2016

Dinosaur cookies :)

Wednesday - cookie day - dinosaur day!!! Dom was happy :)

We had another nice and sunny day, Dom had great day at nursery and after back home I started to make a dough.
Dom came into the kitchen with his chair to watch what I was doing - he likes to watch me preparing food :)
'Chocolate' he said when saw that I added cocoa powder and dough became dark brown :) 'Yes, chocolate' I said back and we both smiled :)

Then I placed new dino cookie cutters in front of him and started to roll the dough - you should see his face :) We had lots of dough rolling and cutting and placing on baking trays :) 3 medium and 1 small tray full of cookies :)

Which dinos? Can you name them?


Dom started their 'mass extinction' when they were still warm :) I had to hide them, cause I knew if he grab more I can forget about him eating his dinner :)


Here - all what's left after initial 'extinction' :)

Recipe for dough I adopted from 'Cookies - a collection of 200 delicious recipes' book. 

If you want to try these cookies (cookie cutters of your choice ), here's all you need:

* 90g softened butter
* 60g caster sugar
* 1 egg
*  tbsp milk
* 280g plain flour (I used bit less then that)
* 2 tbsp of cocoa powder

Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Line baking trays with greaseproof paper. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg and milk and beat together until combined, add cocoa and flour and mix to form soft dough. Roll the dough until about 5 mm thick, cut your cookies and bake 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool on baking tray for few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. You can decorate your cookies with chocolate or icing of your choice or just eat them plain :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment