Tuesday 31 May 2016

Book I read lately

Morning all!

I never write book review before, so please don't be harsh :)

Last week I was in library and put my hands on this:



Long time I didn't read anything wrote by him - I must tell you I like Mr Sanderson writing style, so nice and easy to read plus I'm fantasy fan :)

On the back cover you can read:

'When Shai is caught replacing the Moon Scepter with her nearly flawless forgery, she must bargain for her life.

An assassin has left the Emperor Ashravan without consciousness, a circumstance concealed only by death of his wife. If the emperor does not emerge after his hundred-day mourning period, the rule of the Heritage Faction will be forfait and the empire will fall into chaos.

Shai is given an impossible task: to create, to Forge, a new soul for the emperor in less than one hundred days. But her soul-Forgery is considered an abomination by her captors. (...)'.

You can read few more sentences on the cover, but I decided not to re-write it here. It is look almost like spoiler :), but....

Believe me or not, I'm not surprised that Mr Sanderson received Hugo award for this novella.

Great plot, interesting characters and... yes, the end you will like :)

I read it in few hours - was totally 'glued' to this book from the start. At the moment my man is reading it and if consider that he doesn't have much time to read, he 'eat' the half of the book already and is enjoying it as much as I did.

So if you never read Brandon Sanderson - this book is great for start! If you like fantasy and never read this book - just do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment